2175 Hwy. 149 South; Lake City CO 81235
(approx. 1.5 miles south of Lake City, at the intersection of County Road 30 and Hwy 149 S)
Yes, the husband’s registration and single fee of $1199.99 covers both husband & wife. The wife must register separately, however, but her registration is at no charge.
Each couple has a private room and private bath.
Plan on arriving at the lodge on Sunday, at 2:00p.m. We will begin the promptly at 6:00pm with dinner, which we will prepare and serve at Legacy Lodge. You can come early enough to settle in and relax. Our Event will begin immediately following our evening meal, which will begin as soon as everyone arrives. Departure will be at noon on Friday after breakfast, and a routine FTS cleanup.
Once Prep has started, and you receive your emails with daily devotionals such. Please don’t buy your tickets too far in advance. It’s relatively unheard of for an event to be cancelled after Prep has started, but if an event does not have enough attendees sign up we don’t want to put anyone in a position where an event is cancelled or dates moved and people have already purchased plane tickets.
Gunnison (1 ¼ hour) or Montrose (2 hours) are the closest airports to the camp. Arrival and departure times are limited. Both locations have rental cars. Legacy Lodge (where Q1 is held) in Lake City, CO is in south, central Colorado at about 9000 feet in elevation. It is possible to fly into Denver, however the drive from Denver to the Lodge is about 5 hours. google.com map – Gunnison to Legacy Lodge
Transportation and lodging to and from the event will be the individual couple’s responsibility. Some drive instead of flying, some rent a car at the airport for the final stretch. Consider the travel time to be good discussion time of some of your Prep questions in order to further develop your relational intimacy. Therefore, couples travelling together may want to convoy rather than carpool.
Obey speed limit signs and curve signs. They mean much more in Colorado than in Texas or other states.
Avoid unpaved cut-offs that a map app on the phone may suggest. Let it reroute you to a paved road.
Your cellphone signal may cut out in the mountains, and is generally unavailable in the last hour of the drive in to Legacy Lodge.
Down shift to 3rd or 2nd gear as necessary to avoid riding brakes on the big hills. Brakes will get VERY hot and possibly fail if you do not do this going down Slumgullion Pass.
- From Montrose, take Hwy 50 west towards Gunnision
- Take Hwy 50 west from Gunnision to Hwy 149 at Blue Mesa Reservoir.
- Go through Lake City, staying on Hwy 149 for about 1.5 miles.
- Look for the Legacy Lodge sign on your right.
- Hwy 287 through Wichita Falls to Amarillo. Hwy 287 will merge into I-40. Stay on I-40 going west for a short distance then exit on Loop 335 going north. Loop 335 will intersect Hwy 287 North just north of Amarillo. (better than going through down town Amarillo)
- Fill up with gas in Amarillo- gas goes up in $$ every mile thereafter….
- Continue on Hwy 287 north to Dumas. In Dumas, take a left on Hwy 87 West toward Dalhart. Dalhart will be the last real stop before Raton NM, approximately 3 1/2 hours.
- Stay on Hwy 87 West through Clayton, NM on to Raton, NM. Raton has a nice visitor center just past I-25 about a mile. Conoco station just past I-25 is cleanest restroom.
- At Raton, NM, take I-25 North through Trinidad, CO then on to Walsenburg, CO. At Walsenburg, CO, take HWY 160 West toward Alamosa, CO.
- Fill up with gas in Alamosa, CO.
- Alamosa, CO is the last Walmart before 149 if you need anything (it is on west side of town right on Hwy 160). Get snacks, personal items you forgot, etc., here.
- Continue through Alamosa on Hwy 160 to Southfork, CO. At Southfork, CO, merge right onto Hwy 149 North to Lake City, CO.
- Visitor center is at junction of Hwy 160 and Hwy 149- good place for restroom stop- lots of trees but few restrooms for the next 1.5 hours.
- Watch signs in Creede, CO to make sure you stay on Hwy 149.
- At the bottom of Slumgullion pass when you enter into the Lake City valley, you will cross a bridge over the Lake Fork of the Gunnison River. Just past that bridge is a paved road to the left (County Road 30)- you will see the Legacy Lodge driveway right after CR 30. Look up for a large, metal, Ranch-type sign over the driveway.
- NOTE: The drive between Southfork and Lake City is gorgeous. Watch for animals on road. Obey speed limit signs—they change very often due to terrain and sharp turns. The descent into the Lake City valley is very steep and has many turns (see mountain driving tips above).